Wednesday 18 April 2007

Introduction

To the Reader of this blog,
My salutations. This is my blog of being a law student... being new to the field, I come from an IT background... which is what i did my previous degree in... but i then decided to jump ship and do a law degree. Why? Well... theres the real reason and the reason i tell everyone else. I'll tell you BOTH... since its a lot more amusing that way. The reason i give everyone who asked is:

"Well, I got a bullshit parking ticket. I went to court, I got the traffic warden on the stand, and I argued with him until he admitted he was wrong. And the judge, this Judge Malloy. All the while he's laughing and smiling. And then afterwards, he asks me to go to lunch with him. Then he says to me, "you know what? You'd be a good litigator." I didn't know what the hell he was talking about, I don't know what a litigator is. I never thought of becoming a lawyer. But this Judge Malloy, who's from Manchester, too? He did it, so all of a sudden, it seemed possible. So I went to law school. "

For all those who've caught on... yes thats a line from the movie 'My Cousin Vinny' ... hilarious movie... one of my personal favs. But the real reason... ah... yes.... the real reason goes a little something like this:

"Ever since I was a kid I wanted to be a superhero... like in the cartoons... but then i found out (much to my dismay) that the chances of that were next to nil... so naturally I then wanted to go into Law Enforcement... aka... being a cop... only later did I realise although I got to arrest the bad guys, i didnt get to put them away... that was the job of the lawyer... so i went to law school".

Whatever your reasons are they better NOT be 'because of a girl, or a guy... or because your parents want you to' ... that is a BULLSHIT reason and I will hurt anyone who uses it... lol kiddin. Just enjoy what you do people, we dont get this time back.

Anyway the purpose of this blog is simply to post up my revision notes for the main six areas of law: Public, Tort, Contract, Land, Equity & Criminal. For the sake of time im only gonna post up the areas im gonna revise for each topic... so dont be surprised if i miss out a few things.

Lets see how it goes.

No comments: